Are you an Orlando resident that’s looking for a way to relieve your throbbing neck and back pain? Do you wish there were a way to get rid of that pain once and for all? If so, then you need to find a chiropractor who can help you get back to full health.
Doing so will help you go through daily activities without back pain, increase your energy levels, and so much more. However, you have to find the right chiropractor in Orlando to ensure you receive these benefits.
See below for a list of several questions that you should be asking any chiropractor that you’re looking into.
1. How Can You Help Me?
This is an important question to ask for two reasons:
- It allows the chiropractor to pitch you on their service and tell you about their background/experience.
- It helps you understand how the chiropractor’s qualifications and experience can be applied to your specific treatment needs.
Start by telling the chiropractor what types of injuries that you’re dealing with. At Momentum Medical, we can offer treatments on people who have:
- Severe headaches or migraines
- Injuries from previous auto accidents
- Neck pain, lower back pain, or mid-back pain
- Slip and fall injuries
- Workers’ compensation injuries
- Sports injuries
We also offer many different levels of therapy, such as:
- Spinal Decompression Therapy
- Low-Level Laser Therapy
- Peripheral Neuropathy Therapy
We’re happy to go in-depth with you on any of these treatments or therapy methods listed above, as well as how they can help heal you of your injuries.
Before your treatment begins, we want you to be well-educated on how our services will mend your ailments. In the first appointment, we’ll put together a concrete gameplan to ensure that you get back to how you felt before your injury occurred.
2. Do You Have References I Can Call?
You might love the way that the chiropractor is discussing treatment options with you, but how can you be sure that they’re as efficient as they claim? By asking other patients that receive their treatment.
First, start by asking if the chiropractor has treated previous patients with your injuries or conditions. If so, then ask if they have any references that you can contact to learn more.
You want to get at least three references that you can contact. Not all of them have to have received the treatment you’re looking for, but at least one of them should. That way, you can ask them more in-depth questions, such as:
- How long have you been a patient of this chiropractor?
- Would you say you’re completely healed from your previous injuries yet?
- How quickly did you feel relief after seeking treatment from this chiropractor?
- Has the chiropractor followed the treatment plan they initially laid out for you?
- What can I expect throughout this process?
- How many times a week do you have to visit the chiropractor’s office?
Asking these questions will give you a better feel for the chiropractor’s success rate and whether his/her treatment plan works to fruition.
3. How Often Should I Come in for Adjustments?
If you’ve never visited a chiropractor’s office before, you should know that adjustments are an important piece of the process.
The benefits of receiving an adjustment are substantial. Such benefits include:
- Improving your overall blood pressure
- Preventing you from developing an unnatural curve in your spine (also known as scoliosis)
- Relieves back and neck pain
- Reduces inflammation in the joints
- Can help relieve vertigo
- Improves your overall athletic performance in your sports
The list goes on and on. It’s important to understand how often your specific treatment plan will require you to come in for an adjustment.
You should always plan to go in for more adjustments during the first few weeks of your treatment. Once the treatment starts to stick, you’ll go in one or two times a week to maintain the results.
4. Will You Give Me Homework?
Contrary to what your days in school would tell you, receiving homework for your chiropractor is a good thing!
The chiropractor will do all that they can to aid you in your recovery, but they can’t be with you 24/7. It’s on you to establish healthy routines such as daily stretching, boosting activity levels (within reason), and pushing your recovery along.
Be sure to ask the chiropractor what kind of homework they will give you to do outside of coming in for adjustments. The more you stick to their instructions, the better results that you will have.
5. What Can I Expect During My First Appointment?
The first appointment is an important step with any chiropractic treatment. It allows you to get your first glimpse at working with the chiropractor and getting the help that you need throughout your recovery.
First appointments generally include a time for the chiropractor and patient to set one on one to assess your pain levels and injuries. It also includes a physical exam, possible X-rays, treatment proposals, and establishing a follow-up date.
You should ask if you’ll be receiving an adjustment during the first appointment. Some chiropractors do, some don’t.
Find a Chiropractor in the Orlando Area Today
Now that you have seen the several different questions that you should be asking as you try to find a chiropractor in the Orlando area, be sure to use it wisely.
Be sure to read this article to see the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
For more inquiries on our services, please feel free to reach out to us via our contact us page and we will be happy to assist you further.